Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bee-Sting Honey

I wrote this poem for a guy that I was kinda going out with for a while a couple of years ago, and realized that even though I enjoyed his company, and he was a sweet guy, we were just not "meant to be" and so I had to move on...It was not meant to be mean or hateful...just funny... in fact when I showed it to him, he just laughed and thought it was a hilarious too... and by the way...we're still friends...   :-)






Bee Sting Honey

It tastes so good at first,
This Bee-Sting Honey
You don't even notice when it hurts
And when you do, it's almost funny. 
'Cause you can't stop reaching for
That sweetness deep inside.
So delicious and so tasty.
And the bees just seem to hide.

So you have to take a few steps back--
And think through the whole routine.
Is it really worth feeling all this pain?
Is the flavor really worth the sting?

Well sometimes it may be,
but most likely, no it’s not.
And it’s thinking through the pros and cons
Then looking at what you've got.

Do I really want to give this up right now?
‘Cause it’s such amazing fun
Can’t imagine finding anything else so good
But I may just have to run.

But man it tastes so good to me
I just want to have some more.
But I think that I'll just stop for now.
And go buy some at the store.




And yes I did just write this today (in fifteen minutes) ... 
And I really like honey... That's all I have to say...  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment