Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Everything - He's All I Need

I have been a flawed follower of Jesus Christ for over forty years.  Most of those years have been fairly stable and consistent.  Unfortunately, there have been many years where I have had to live with the unfortunate consequences of my foolish choices, where I have no one to blame for my situation other than myself.  Occasionally, my heart has become hardened and disillusioned because its during those times that I don't always believe how much the Lord loves me.  I feel like He has abandoned and forsaken me and that I'm still being punished for my past.  I know in my heart this is not true, but this song by Lifehouse - Everything -- so clearly depicts where our hearts should be focused towards.  Even though I am not  "there" yet in that I live as though I truly believe "He is all I need - He is all I want" - I do strive for that to be true in my life.  Here's the link to the video and below are the words that speak very intentionally and purposely to my heart.




The Lyrics to "Everything" by Lifehouse


Find me here, and speak to me 
I want to feel you, I need to hear you You are the light that's leading me to the place Where I find peace again You are the strength that keeps me walking You are the hope that keeps me trusting You are the life to my soul You are my purpose You're everything And how can I stand here with you And not be moved by you Would you tell me how could it be any better than this? 
You calm the storms and you give me rest You hold me in your hands You won't let me fall You steal my heart and you take my breath away Would you take me in, take me deeper now And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you Would you tell me how could it be any better than this And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you Would you tell me how could it be any better than this 
Cause you're all I want, you're all I need You're everything, everything You're all I want You're all I need You're everything, everything You're all I want You're all I need You're everything, everything You're all I want You're all I need Everything, everything 
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you Would you tell me how could it be any better than this And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you Would you tell me how could it be any better-any better than this And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you Would you tell me how could it be any better than this 

No comments:

Post a Comment