Monday, April 15, 2013

Different Eyes, a Different Heart


(This was written for a friend of mine, but I think it can apply to several people I know.)


When I look at you, I see you with different eyes—the Lord’s eyes,
the Lord’s heart.
I see that people are drawn to you because of your kindness and compassion.
You are so enveloping, so loving in how you care about others.
I see the depths of who you are - the kind of person you can become,
what you are capable of achieving as you seek your purpose in life.

Then there are other times when my vision shifts,
and I can sense the deeper, darker side.
as I see the sorrowful portion of your spirit
which has been torn and scattered like dust over the dry desert.
I cannot help but reach out to you and try to touch your heart, your soul
with His healing hand of comfort as I sense the brokenness within you.
It brings out such a strong wave of sadness in me
that sometimes I weep in sorrow for you.

I cry out to the Lord on your behalf and ask Him to reveal Himself to you
in a special intimate way where you will feel incredibly drawn to Him
and His kindness, His mercy, His forgiveness, and unconditional love.
I pray that you will not be able to resist Him and His healing touch.
That He will sustain you from the inside out
from all that you have been through in this life,
that you will experience the most amazing sensation
of His power and strength and of His insatiable love for you,
that you will finally understand what His grace is all about,
that He wants to reach out to the deepest depths of your soul
and rebuild your shattered heart.
that He desires to adopt you and persistently pursue you,
to love you and embrace you as His child.

And I am confident that in time you will find this treasure
and you will accept this amazing gift.
that you will feel overwhelmingly blessed with
His empowering love strengthening you.
You will find your purpose in life
because you will become a different person.
You will finally understand just how much
the God of the universe loves and cares so deeply about you.
And you will be compelled to reach out to others just as you do now,
But in a different way as you shower them with the love of the Lord
which will reside within you all because you will see them with
different eyes and a different heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment