Monday, June 13, 2016

Where I Could Have Been


I wrote this poem over 38 years ago on January 15, 1978 (when I was just 19 years old).  I'm so glad the Lord has helped me to see things HIS way over the years and NOT just MY way....I'm thankful He gave me those words to write "back in the day" and that even though we still have difficulties throughout our life, we can still continue to trust in Him to help us!


There’s times when I am lonely and saddened by the day…
Then I wonder how my life would be had I chose another way. . .
I wonder how I’d get along without the Lord to lead.
Who's name would be upon my lips to help me in my need?
When friends would seem so far from me with troubles of their own…
I’d never have a place to go and always be alone.
Who would guide me in the darkness? On whom could I depend?
To lead me in the way to go, to reach my journey’s end?
But then I think of how it is, not how it could have been.
Of where I am by God’s own grace and my heart is blessed again.
And though there’s times I’ll doubt and fear and try to reason why,
I know that deep inside I’m sure He’s always by my side.
He loves me in a way that I will never understand.
He has the best in mind for me and weaves it in His plan.
It takes time to learn a lesson when your heart is not in tune,
To listen to the Spirit’s call to fill you through and through.
So when I get discouraged from the way things seem to be,
I’ll think of my dear Savior and His precious love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment